Vehicle Specific Wiring has many advantages over universal kits
Vehicle specific wiring kits are matched to specific vehicle models. It provides many advantages over universal kits.
- They have exact cable lengths. This means the routing and layout of the wiring is optimal.
- The connection plugs to the vehicle harness are model specific. These results in quicker wiring fitments as well as more robust and durable connections.
- All the components and their functions are optimally matched to the vehicle. This includes vehicle specific grommets, electronics and connectors. This means the kit fits correctly.
- All the parts required for a robust and efficient installation is provided.
- Detailed installation instructions are provided. Any special features are explained in detail. Reference is also made to specific manufacturer’s requirements such as vehicle coding requirements.
- They are designed to switch model specific safety features such as trailer sway control programs and lane change assist.
- The trailer CAN-bus towing module is programmed to communicate with the specific vehicle make and model.